3. What should an event look like?
Your event can be anything you wish it to be with the aim of raising awareness of advance care planning and starting a conversation with attendees. It can be as small as a casual morning tea or as large as a seminar. We have made several suggestions on our host an event page to give you some ideas.
4. Do I have to work for an organisation to host an event?
No, advance care planning is for all Australians. We encourage individuals to host events to help their family and friends understand advance care planning and start a conversation.
5. Are the National Advance Care Planning Week events run by Advance Care Planning Australia?
While Advance Care Planning Australia (ACPA) is the facilitator of National Advance Care Planning Week, events are typically community run. The event planning and content is at the discretion of the organisation and/or individuals hosting the event. ACPA will present webinar events during National Advance Care Planning Week, which are hosted and run by ACPA.
7. How do I register an event?
You will need to fill out a simple webform with your event details and some basic contact information. The date for registration openings will be confirmed in early 2023.
8. I registered my event but it is not listed on the website. Why?
Registrations may take 5 business days to appear live on the website.
9. How do I promote the event to my networks?
We are developing resources to help you promote your event in the lead up to and also during your event. These will be available on the event resource page in early 2023.
13. My question is not listed here, where can I find the answer?
If you are unable to find the information you require, please email us via the contact us page.