Advance Care Planning Australia (ACPA) is funded by the Australian Government and administered by Austin Health. ACPA understands its obligations under privacy legislation, including the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic), and are committed to protecting the privacy of personal information. This privacy statement explains how your personal information will be treated as you access and interact with our service, including the website, learning system and advisory service.
Information provided to ACPA will be used for the purpose for which it was provided including:
- providing information and education resources to you
- assisting you with enquiries
- enabling communication in the form of newsletters, resource packs, ACPA event/webinar invitations or updates
- providing you with education and training
- enabling you to share your story
- conducting quality improvement, research and studies
- complying with regulatory, governance, and funding reporting requirements including our non-identified reporting obligations to the Australia Government
- any other disclosure, such as to a court of law, will be in accordance with privacy legislation
ACPA has technology and security measures to protect information held by them. Information is stored and disposed of in accordance with our obligations under the Public Records Act 1973 (Vic).
Opting out: Where an individual has consented to receiving marketing communications from us, consent will remain current until the individual advises us otherwise. However, you can opt out at any time, by:
- contacting us (either via the contact details provided in our newsletters or via the details at the end of this Policy);
- advising us if you receive a call that you no longer wish to receive these calls; or
- using the unsubscribe facility that we include in our newsletters.
Collection of website usage information
Certain non-identifying information is automatically collected through your use of the Advance Care Planning Australia website.
We may use temporary (session) cookies or permanent cookies when you access our website. This allows us to recognise your browser and track the web pages you have visited. Cookies are small text files that websites may place on your computer or device. Most often, cookies are used to recognise repeat users of websites and remember user preferences. Cookies are also used to allow the website to track usage behaviour and aggregate data to allow us to customise a user’s experience on our website.
The information may be used and disclosed by us for purposes including statistical analysis, and to assist us in improving the functionality and usability of marketing materials, including the website. You can switch off cookies by adjusting the settings on your web browser.
If you require more information, have any concerns, or would like to access your personal information held by us, please contact Advance Care Planning Australia at email@example.com.