Advance Care Planning Australia in partnership with Monash University is conducting a National Advance Care Planning Prevalence Study.
The National Advance Care Planning Prevalence Study will help determine the prevalence of advance care planning documentation for people aged over 65 in hospitals, general practice and aged care homes. This is a Decision Assist initiative and supported by funding from the Commonwealth.
The National Advance Care Planning Prevalence Study is underway, but applications from general practices may still be considered. If you would like to apply, please call us on (03) 9496 5660 or
e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
Frequently Asked Questions
Submitting your application
Submit your application to participate in the study by following the steps below.
Download and read the Application Guidelines. These application guidelines provide an overview of the study and its methodology and the criteria for participation. This document will assist you to complete the online application form.
Download, pre-prepare and save your responses using either a MS Word or a fillable PDF version of the application form as a reference:
Download and complete the certification form. This will need to be signed by the appropriate person with authority in your organisation and uploaded when you complete the online application form.
Download the Research Collaboration Agreement. This document is for reference only. This agreement will not need to be completed until you have been notified that your site is suitable to participate in the study. You may wish to show a copy to the person signing the certification form.
Fill in the online application form.
What you need to know
- There are 27 questions to complete in the online application form.
- To prevent loss of information or time-outs in the online application form, we recommend you download a copy of the application form to use as a reference and prepare your responses in advance:
- Some of the questions require responses of 150-300 words so saving your responses first will make it easier for you to complete the form in your own time. You will need to copy and paste your responses into the online application form later.
- Having an offline version of the application form not only ensures that no data will be lost during the online application process, but it may also assist the person chosen to sign your certification form to see the approach you wish to undertake in the study.
- Allow 10-30 minutes to enter your responses in the online application form if copying pre-prepared responses.
- You will be required to complete the certification form separately and this signed document will need to be uploaded into the online application.
- To formally submit your registration, you can either type or simply cut and paste each of your pre-prepared responses into the online application form.
- We recommend using a modern browser on a desktop computer or laptop to submit your registration.
Document download summary:
Questions and further information
Find out more about the National Advance Care Planning Prevalence Study here.
If you have any questions relating to this application, or require assistance or clarification, please contact the following:
Advance Care Planning Australia
Phone: (03) 9496 5660