The Victorian Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and the Advance Care Planning Department at Austin Health have developed an advance care planning mentoring program to assist organisations to create effective mentoring opportunities to embed advance care planning in routine clinical practice.
Expressions of interest from Victorian health services to trial the 'Champions of change - advance care planning mentoring pilot' are now closed.
The objectives of this program are to:
- trial the Champions of Change- Advance Care Planning Mentoring Pilot to establish the effectiveness and robustness of the model
- as part of the pilot, test and refine the mentoring tools to ensure they are effective for advance care planning
- increase organisational capacity to incorporate advance care planning into routine person-centred care
- increase person-centred care within the organisation measured by increased numbers of advance care planning alerts
- create a sustainable mentoring program for advance care planning for all Victorian health services
Who can apply?
Victorian health services are encouraged to apply if they have an experienced advance care planning clinician (Mentor) and five nursing, medical or allied health clinicians who have an interest in advance care planning (Mentees). All clinicians will attend a mentoring introduction session, meet weekly for four months, and complete reflection tools regularly.
- Closing date for applications: 1 September 2017
- Sites advised of outcomes: 8 September 2017
- Mentoring Program commences: 18 September 2017
- Mentoring Program ends: 23 February 2017
Submissions are now closed
Submissions to participate in the study were by following the steps below.
Download and read the application guidelines.
Download the .pdf version of the application form to pre-prepare your responses.
Fill in the online application form.
Pilot documents for future reference can be found at: https://www.advancecareplanning.org.au/champions-of-change
If you have any questions relating to this application, or require assistance or clarification, please contact the following:
Advance Care Planning Australia
Phone: (03) 9496 5660