Decision Assist and Palliative Care Tasmania are delivering a series of free workshops to assist primary care providers enhance their knowledge, skills and confidence in advance care conversations.
Topics covered include:
The advance care planning workshops will cover:
- understanding the benefits of advance care planning
- creating Advance Care Directives and appointing substitute decision-makers
- communication tactics for advance care planning – when, how and what to do
- the legalities of advance care planning
Participants will be able to:
- explain the benefits of advance care planning
- incorporate advance care planning into routine care
- recall information about the legislative aspects of advance care planning
Dates and locations
- Tuesday 3 October, Mount Esk Southern Cross Care, 38 Station Rd, St Leonards, Launceston
- Thursday 5 October, St Ann’s Homes, 142 Davey St, Hobart
Registration 5.30pm, presentation 6pm – 8pm. Catering will be provided.
All sessions will earn participants CPD points and have RACGP and ACRRM points applied for.
Register and download your free ticket via Eventbrite.
For more information, download the flyer.