The introduction of the Medical Treatment Planning and Decisions Act 2016 on 12 March 2018 has resulted in changes to advance care planning and substitute decision making.
Russell Kennedy Lawyers is hosting a seminar designed to help aged care providers in Victoria understand the news laws and how to comply with them.
Issues that we will cover in this session include:
- What are advance care directives?
- Which staff will be covered?
- What does my organisation do in a medical emergency?
- What’s a medical treatment decision-maker?
- How does the introduction of medical treatment decision-makers affect guardians and medical power of attorneys?
- Practically, what steps should Victorian aged care providers take to minimise risk?
If you have any questions on the issue that you would like addressed in this seminar, please email them to email@example.com by Friday the 13th of April. Alternatively there will be a Q&A time at the seminar where you will be able to pose your question.
Tuesday 24 April 2018
8.00am - 10.00am
A light breakfast will be provided.
Russell Kennedy, Level 12, 469 La Trobe Street Melbourne
This event is free, but bookings are required by Thursday, 19 April 2018. Register here.