Professional development workshop
The National Ageing Research Institute (NARI) presents an interactive workshop to provide aged care professionals with practical information related to assessment, goal setting and care planning for older people in a community setting within the consumer directed care context.
At this one-day evidence-based workshop, you will learn:
- Key considerations in person-centred practice and health literacy to assist in working in a partnership with your clients.
- The importance of spirituality and spiritual care in aged care.
- The fundamentals and complexities of assessment, to ensure the client’s needs are being met.
- How to undertake goal directed care planning – setting goals and developing care plans in partnership with the client.
- The latest on the Medical Treatment Planning and Decisions Act 2016
Who should attend:
Those involved in the provision of community aged care services, including but not limited to:
- Assessment Officers
- Case Managers
- Allied Health Professionals
Date and time: Thursday, 26 July, 9am - 4pm
Location: National Ageing Research Institute, Building 9 Seminar Room Gate 4, 34-54 Poplar Road, Parkville, VIC
Cost: $440 (incl GST). Ten percent discount for early bird registrations before 5th July, 2018. Lunch, morning and afternoon tea and all workshop materials provided.
Visit TryBooking to register